Sharing some information received from Spain.
Just a warning the new sugar substitute Xylitol is poisonous to dogs one teaspoon will kill a GSD, this advice has come from UK vets. It is also in some processed foods/candies and sweets, for example Orbit Gum so please be aware, it acts like giving a dog insulin and there is no antidote. So if you have 2 teaspoons in you tea/coffee and the dog drinks it you have a serious problem on your hands. It can cause liver failure for the dogs. Please share as widely as possible.
Have to say our dogs never drink our drinks